MEC Toronto Race SIX: 5K/10K/Half Marathon/Marathon 2016 & Expo
MEC Toronto Race SIX:
5K / 10K / Half Marathon / Marathon
The MEC Toronto Marathon 2016 & Runners Expo
with Olympian Reid Coolsaet
MEC Toronto Marathon - 5K / 10K / Half Marathon / Marathon
Sunday, September 11th, 2015 at 8:00am
Tommy Thompson Park / the Leslie Spit
These 5K & 10K, 21.1K and 42.2K loops start at the entrance to Tommy Thompson Park / the Leslie Spit and head out to the point, before returning back to the Finish Line.
- Leslie street is now open south of Lakeshore avenue.
- Strollers are only permitted on the 5K course - all other distances are stroller-free.
• Marathon and Half-Marathon races starts at 9:00am; 10K race starts at 9:05am; 5K race starts at 9:10am. Please note the start time changes.
• Race-day check-in starts at 8:00am. Please note the course will close at 3:00pm.
Marathon runners must reach final loop of the course by 1:30pm for cut off.
Chip Timed and Fully Supported!
On-line registration is only $15 (5&10K), $ 20 (Half-Marathon) $25 (Marathon).
*Note: Race distance changes will be accepted until registration closes. The Thursday prior to race date.
Registration increases to $25 or $35 CASH the day of the event ($25 5K&10K, $35 21.1K&42.2K). Registration table opens at 8:00am and runs until 9:00am
On-Line registration closes at 12:00pm (EST) on Thursday, September 8th.
Reid Coolsaet Joins Us!
Yes, you read correctly. Olympian Reid Coolsaet is back from Rio and will be joining us on race day. He will ALSO be in-store all of Friday September 9th, signing autographs from 9am - 5pm. After autographing, he'll be leading us in a 5K warm up run in Tommy Thompson Park (6pm), to familiarize people with the route and to offer tips. Join us for the warm up! It is free and open to all. Click HERE for more details.
Race kit pick-up at MEC Toronto:
- Friday, September 9th from 9:00am to 9:00pm (Reid Coolsaet autographs 9am - 5pm) (*exception)
- Saturday, September 10th from 9:00am to 6:00pm
*exception: Kits belonging to registrants of the "Pre-race 5K Warm Up with Reid Coolsaet" will be transported to Tommy Thompson Park for onsite pick-up. These kits will NOT be available for pick-up in-store after 5pm. For more information on this warm-up run, please click here.
Race kit pick-up on-site on Race Day:
- Sunday, September 11th from 8:00am to 9:00am
For questions please contact, Cameron Dempster at email@example.com
We’re having a contest to see who’s the most pumped and ready to go for our races. There are prizes for 1st and 2nd best entry, for each event. You just have to gear up, snap a photo, and show us your stuff. Extra points for creativity and MEC gear.