MEC OTTAWA RACE 6 - 5KM / 10KM / 15KM - 13 SEPTEMBER 2015
Welcome to Race 6 of the MEC Ottawa 2015 series, a fast and flat 5, 10 or 15km run around the track and grounds of the Rideau Carleton Raceway, just south of downtown Ottawa.
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL END: THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 10TH AT 9AM.
REGISTRATIONS CAN BE MADE INSTORE DURING BIB PICK UP TIMES (BELOW), OR AT THE RACE ON SUNDAY MORNING (+$5, CASH ONLY).
Bib pick up: You can pick up your bibs at MEC Ottawa on Thursday evening (10th September) between 6 and 9pm where we will have our official race shopping night (10% discount with presentation of your bib*). You can also collect on Friday between 10am and 5pm, Saturday between 9am and 4pm or on Sunday morning at the race (last collection at 8:00am).
Your friend can pick up your bib for you, please give them a note that they can show us.
Race start time: races will begin together at 8:15am
The course the runs eastwards through the paddock into an out and back section on a paved road, there is water at the turn around point. After the turn the course runs back westwards, across the paddock behind the racetrack and enters the smaller practice track. Runners complete a full (anti clockwise) loop of the practice track, the surface is fine crushed gravel.
Runners re-enter the main track via a different gate on the back straight and complete the loop to finish in the same location as the start.
10km and 15km runners will keep left of the finish arch (do not run over the timing pad) to run 1 or 2 full additional laps of the full course, finishing through the arch on conclusion of their second or third lap.
- The course will be clearly marked with black arrows (bearing the MEC logo) on a yellow plastic board.
- Each kilometer will be indicated.
- There will be marshals on the course to direct you, follow their directions.
- Through the paddock area you will run keeping small orange pylons on your left side.
- Race chip timed by Quidchrono, results will be displayed on their website on the same day: www.quidchrono.com
- Awards (medals for 1,2,3 M&F) distributed accoring to gun time position.
- For the out-and-back section on the road, keep to the right side of the center line.
- Through the paddock area, keep orange pylons on your left.
- There is ample parking at the Rideau Carleton Raceway.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
*Runners registered online will receive one email communication prior to race day with additional details, and one email following the race providing a link to online results and photographs*
Thankyou to our sponsors:
Want to register a large group? School team or running club, we would love to have you along! We offer group discount equivalent to one free entry for every 10 runners (making an individual entry only $13.50). Email to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you wish to know your age group position after the race, you must enter your age when registering.