MEC OTTAWA CENTURY RIDE 2015
The MEC Ottawa Century Ride in 2014 proved to be such a hit, it sold out weeks before the event, don't miss out this time around!
With the start/finish situated in Carp (just to the west of Ottawa) enjoy these inexpensive, but fully featured rides through beautiful Ontario countryside in Lanark County. Welcome to Ottawa’s riding country! For a charge of only $35, you can choose between three different ride options, 56km, 100km and an 160km AND have a feast afterwards presented by Alice's Village Café and Beau's All Natural Brewing Company.
ONLINE REGISTARTION MANDATORY - NO ON THE DAY REGISTRATION.
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 9AM FRIDAY 21ST AUGUST.
Saturday, August 22nd, 9am-5pm at MEC Ottawa - enjoy a 10% discount when you pickup your kit instore only. Riders will collect a bib (for identification purposes), and a route card.
Sunday, August 23rd, before you depart for your ride, at the Carp Fairgrounds.
The first 400 people to pick up their registration kits will receive a flyer for 25% off a bike tune-up when presented in our bike shop.
MEC pop-up shop at Carp Fairgrounds will stock gels, bars, tubes and bottles. Cash only.
We are very excited to announce that the 2015 MEC Century Ride will be contributing to The National Capital Region Cycling Bursary. The bursary supports our region’s top, young cyclists, enabling them to attend national and international events. Athletes supported by the bursary in past years have gone on to compete for the Canadian national team, win medals at Canadian championships and win international events – including several victories this season by past recipients Matteo Dal-Cin and Michael Woods.
MEC will match donations made by Century Ride participants and spectators (bring a toonie!), up to $500. For more information on the bursary and recipients, visit http://http:seenite.org/bursary.htm
Join our Strava training club:
Ride start times: Riders will start in informal waves according to distance, first wave off at 7:45am Details are HERE
Rides will start at the Carp Agricultural Society Fairgrounds on Carp Road, opposite Alice's Village Café.
All routes will follow an anti-clockwise loop on rural roads through Lanark County, please see below for route maps.
56km (NOTE: Route contains some dirt roads, suited to hybrid/cyclocross/mountain bikes or road bikes with 28mm+ tires.
Metric Century Route (100km):
Imperial Century Route (100miles / 160km) (7hr time limit):
- 56k, 100k and 100mile routes will be marked the day before the event using black arrows (bearing the MEC logo) on a yellow plastic board.
- All riders will recieve a turn by turn route card (bring a sandwich bag to keep it in).
- GPS files are available by clicking through to the the RideWithGPS maps above.
Aid (refreshment) stations
- There will be one aid station on the 50km route, two on the 100km route, and three on the 160km route.
- Aid stations will serve water, bananas and snacks.
- In spite of these stations, it is strongly reccomended to bring ample food and water for your ride.
- It is suggested that you carry some money to purchase additional supplies on the route.
- There is no timing at this event, it is a RIDE, not a RACE.
- The ride takes place on OPEN roads, it is your duty as a rider to ensure that you follow the rules of the road, whilst riding your safety is your responsibility.
- There is ample parking at the Fairgrounds, please follow the instructions of MEC staff whilst parking. You will be sent further information prior to the ride date with specific instructions.
- Post ride party will be hosted at the hall in the Carp Fair featuring food from Alice's Village Cafe (menu to be announced) and a beer from Beaus All Natural. (Bring a government issued photo ID for service). The Kanata-Nepean Bicycle Club will be providing valet bicycle parking post-ride.
*SUBMIT DIETARY REQUIREMENTS (i.e. vegan, veggie, allergies or religious, not preferences!) IN THE COMMENTS SECTION WHILST REGISTERING*.
MINIMUM RIDER AGE: 16yrs.
GOVT ISSUED ID REQUIRED FOR SERVICE DURING POST RIDE CELEBRATIONS...