From gym to crag
Ready to take the next step and venture out to the crag? There's a lot to dig into - from choosing the right crash pad and climbing hardware to the do's and dont's of climbing etiquette. We've got the knowledge and the gear to help you get there and further your adventure career.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
- Information on your local climbing area and resources available
- Who to go with (suggestions for courses/guiding organization)
- Basic gear needed to make the transition
- crash pads
- harnesses & ropes
- anchoring systems & quick draws
- Proper etiquette at the crag
- How to incorporate Leave No Trace principles into your session
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!