Camp skills: how to cook like a chef outside
Impress your camping crew with tasty meals that go way beyond s’mores or hot dogs. This clinic is packed with tips and skills for camp cooking, whether you’re at a family campsite or hiking in the backcountry. And yes: coffee essentials are definitely covered.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
- The different types of camp stoves and fuels
- Pros and cons of cooking over open fire
- Meal ideas, from fresh to freeze-dried
- How to purify water
- How to store food and keep food safe
- What kinds of pots and cooking systems you can use
- Ways to make delicious coffee at camp
We’ll provide all know-how and demo stoves to check out, but we won’t be cooking meals during this clinic.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!