Learn how to adjust and fix bike brakes
Registered participants who have paid for registration will have entry fees refunded.
No more squeaky or weak brakes. Join this more advanced bike maintenance clinic to learn how to keep your brakes in tip-top shape. The big focus on this clinic is to determine which breaks you have and tips for adjusting and fixing.
Skill level: intermediate
Format: hands-on, small group class
Possible Topics Might Include:
· Different types of bike brakes
· How and when to change brake pads
· How to adjust the position of brakes
· How to change the cable and housing for rim brakes
· Brief overview on issues with disc brakes and discuss when a bleed is necessary however, we will not be demonstrating the bleed process due to the differences among bikes and brake systems.
· When you need to take your bike to the shop for service
We highly recommend taking the beginner bike repair and maintenance clinics at MEC before this class.
This is a hands-on clinic, so wear clothes that you don’t mind getting a bit of bike grease on.
Please leave your own bike at home, where you can practice your new skills on it later. We’ll provide demo materials and gear in class.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our more advanced bike clinics are taught by experienced MEC bike mechanics, who are ready to answer any of your questions.