Learn how to stay safe in the backcountry
Registered participants who have paid for registration will have entry fees refunded.
Ticks. Bugs. Bears. Drinking water. Sign up for this beginner-friendly clinic to see how to handle this stuff in the backcountry. You’ll learn simple tips to be prepared and keep everyone in your group safe and happy when you’re camping, hiking or canoeing.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
· How to look for and remove ticks
· What to know about West Nile virus
· How to avoid insect stings (and what to do if someone is stung)
· How to be bear aware and avoid bears
· Basics for filtering and purifying water
· How to be prepared and what to include in a first aid kit
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!