DIY: how to repair your outdoor gear
Once you learn these simple fixes, you’ll have the skills to repair the most common things that go wrong with outdoor gear. From fixing a broken tent pole to unsticking a zipper, these handy tips could save your next trip.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
- How to repair tent pole elastic cords
- How to repair broken tent poles
- How to fix zippers (stuck, separated and broken zippers)
- How to fix a hole in a sleeping pad
- Tips to clean and waterproof your gear
We’ll provide all the demo gear and know-how, but we won’t be repairing your gear during this clinic. You’ll learn the skills to fix your own gear at home.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!