Unlock the secrets of winter bike commuting
Yes! You can bike commute year-round – even if there’s snow on the ground. Join this beginner-friendly class to find out how to keep rolling when the flakes fall and the temperatures drop.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
- How to prep your bike for winter riding (tires, fenders, lights and pedals)
- How to dress for winter biking
- Route planning and safety tips
- How to maintain your bike in winter
- Riding tips for snow, ice and darkness
Please leave your own bike at home, where you can practice your new skills on it later. We’ll use demo bikes and gear in class to show you how it’s done.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!