THIS CLINIC TAKES PLACE AT THE DOWNTOWN EDMONTON STORE
Get rid of wheel wobbles. With a little patience and the skills you’ll learn in this advanced clinic, you can find out how to true your wheels. Covers all the steps for truing, plus lots about spokes, the unsung hero of your bike.
Skill level: advanced
Format: hands-on, small group class
· Why you need to true your wheels
· How the 3 aspects of wheel trueness (lateral, radial, dishing) affect the bike
· Why it’s important to properly adjust your hub when you’re truing wheels
· Steps to take for truing a wheel
· How to destress a wheel and avoid spoke wind-up
· What tools you need to do the job
· When you need to take your bike to the shop for service
We highly recommend taking the beginner bike repair and maintenance clinics at MEC before this class.
This is a hands-on clinic, so wear clothes that you don’t mind getting a bit of bike grease on.
Please leave your bike at home. You can practice your new skills on it later. We’ll provide demo materials and gear in class.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our more advanced bike clinics are taught by experienced MEC bike mechanics, who are ready to answer any of your questions.