So you want to start split boarding?
Come and join MEC Calgary Downtown for a free clinic introducing you to Split Boarding.
WANT TO START SPLIT BOARDING?!
Take the first steps to make the most of winter. Learn helpful tips and advice about split boarding, from what to wear to where to go. You'll feel ready to head out on your first day after this clinic.
- How to pick a split board and boots that suits your needs
- Board prep and maintenance
- Must have accessories (pack, poles, avalanche gear)
- Cothing/Temperature control (base layers, insulators and hard shells)
- Environment (weather, route, planning hazards)
We will provide examples of the gear we will cover in our talk. Come ready with questions and a readiness to learn!
WHO IS TEACHING THE CLINIC?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!
If you have any further queries about the classes, please do not hesitate to call us at: 403-269-2420