Master the art of Nordic ski waxing
Don’t be intimidated by waxing your own cross-country skis. It’s easier than you think! This clinic will give you all the skills you need to get started, whether you’re on waxable or waxless Nordic skis.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
- What you need to wax your own Nordic skis, including affordable, easy options
- How to clean your bases
- How to apply glide wax and kick wax
- Using Klister (a soft, sticky kind of grip wax)
- About waxing waxless bases
- Tips to choose the right wax for the conditions
Please leave your own skis at home, where you can practice your new skills on them later. We’ll use demo skis and gear in class to show you how it’s done.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!