THIS SUNDAY IS ALL ABOUT PIE! With a little trail run beforehand!
This week the run will take place on Wolf Trail in Gatineau Park- 8km in length (steep uphill for the first half), parking at P13
Post run we will eat PIE!
A HUGE thank you to our community partners, FarmBoy Westboro, and Bridgehead (McRae) for the delicious pies and coffee this morning.
We don't have the resources necessary to accomodate specific dietary requests, but if you need, please feel free to bring something that meets your needs to share!
The MEC run crew is a nation-wide pack of everyday athletes with local chapters from Victoria to Halifax. Our mission is to enable runners of all ages and abilities to get outside and get running.
Sign up (once ever) below and we will email you each week with the exact details of what, where and when for the Sunday meet-up runs.
Our runs are inclusive: our meet-up events split into different pace groups to ensure that people can run at an appropriate pace.
Sunday runs are all about hitting the trails in either Gatineau Park or the Greenbelt trails around Ottawa.
- Runners must be at least 16 years of age.
- Mandatory equipment: water/food, appropriate clothing/footwear, map of Gatineau Park (optional), cell phone.
- Runners must be aware of their surroundings and self sufficient.
- Trail will be flagged by lead runner, but runners should be aware of the day's route and able to navigate it without the use of the flagging tape.
- Meeting point is always at the trailhead and communicated to runners in advance by email. Do NOT meet at MEC Ottawa.
Sign up below to start receiving a weekly email (sent on Tuesday or Wednesday) that will tell you where to meet. We meet at the designated trailhead parking lot* at 8:30am on Sundays for the trail run.
*Each weekly email will announce the location of the Sunday trail run.