This free clinic will introduce participants to the equipment, skills and resources required for a safe and enjoyable day hike. Whether you are planning local travels or travelling elsewhere in the world, start here by joining this clinic for invaluable information and tips from our experienced #mecstaffer.
By the end of the session, participants will:
Be familiar with the essential equipment required for a day hike, including:
- The 10 essentials
- Day hiking footwear considerations
- Daypack considerations
- Clothing choices
Understand the steps required to plan a safe, comfortable trip, including:
- Trip research and finding resources on popular day hikes in one’s region
- Assessing weather and its impact on equipment selection
- Leaving trip info with a contact back home
- Be aware of the resources available at MEC that support them in their day hiking adventures and point them to popular options in their own region.
You may drop-in to this clinic but we'd love to know if you're coming by registering at the link below. On the day of the clinic, ask staff for directions to the clinic, which will take place on the second floor in our community hub area known as Basecamp.
Questions? Please contact us at 416-340-2667