How to go winter camping: brrring it on
Curious about camping in the snow? Join this clinic for tips and advice on winter camping. From how to cook when it’s below zero to what to wear, the stuff you’ll learn will get you prepped for your first winter camping adventure.
Skill level: beginner
- What to wear for cold-weather camping
- How to stay warm when you’re sleeping
- Tips on cooking outside in winter
- Staying safe in the snow and cold
- Advice for trip planning
- Ways to get to winter campsites
We won’t be giving training on avalanche safety in this clinic, but we can point you to avalanche training clinics to take.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!