Thanksgiving Gear Swap
Saturday, October 12th
9:00am - 3:00pm (or earlier if all the gear is gone)
Members can buy and sell used gear from each other, and MEC will be adding a wide variety of items. Come find some great deals and save some previously loved gear from the landfill!
If you have some stuff to sell, it's as easy as 1 - 2 - 3...
1) You bring in your gently-used gear.
2) You set the price, we charge you 10% if it sells
3) If the gear doesn't sell, you decide whether to take it back or we'll donate it to a local charity or community group.
Members can begin to drop off their gear they want to sell between Monday, October 7th and Thursday, October 10th. Please note that items must be for activities supported by MEC!
Pick up for items unsold starts Tuesday, October 15th to Sunday, October 20th, after which time all remaining items will be donated without compensation.
The Gear Swap will take place outside, in front of MEC Barrie.
We will not be accepting..
- Non-technical (lifestyle/casual) clothing (i.e. cotton)
- Safety Equipment (harnesses, ropes, helmets, beacons etc.)
For more information, please contact Lynda Day or call 705-792-4675 to speak with someone at the Member Service Desk.