Backcountry 101: Bike Touring
Awesome. We’re here to help you learn cycle touring basics – join us! Find out what you need to prepare for a bike trip, whether it’s an overnighter or a longer bike touring adventure.
Skill level: Beginner
Format: Knowledge-based, small group class
· How to choose the best touring bike for you
· How to prepare your bike for a bike trip
· What clothes and layers to choose for different weather
· What to pack for sleeping (including bike camping)
· How to pack it all on your bike
· Basic bike maintenance tips and safety on the road
· Trip planning tips and local cycle tour ideas
Please leave your own bike at home, where you can practice your new skills on it later. We’ll use demo bikes and gear in class to show you how it’s done.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!