After this clinic, you'll know the basics of bike maintenance and be totally prepared to repair a flat (and maybe save the day for another cyclist who needs a hand).
Skill level: beginner
- Bike maintenance basics
- What causes flat tires (there are a few things)
- How to remove a bike wheel, front and rear
- What kind of bike tube to choose
- How to change a bike tube or patch a bike tube
- … and how to put a bike back together again
- When to take your bike to the repair shop
Please leave your own bike at home, where you can practice your new skills on it later. We’ll use demo bikes and gear in class.
WHO'S TEACHING THE CLINIC?
Our beginner bike clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any of your questions.