Hiking the bruce trail
Sorry, this event has passed.
This program is designed to provide and overview of the equipment needed as well as some tips and tricks for a successful trip hiking the Bruce Trail. What do you need? What type of pack is essential? What time of year should you go? and how should you pack your pack to be efficient and safe? Join us at MEC London to learn everything you need to know.
By the end of the session, participants will:
Be familiar with the essential equipment required for a trip to hike the Bruce Trail, including:
- The route and time of year
- Day hiking footwear considerations
- Clothing systems
- Daypack considerations - sizing and how to pack the pack
- Sleeping systems and accommodation tips
- Health and Safety Items
Understand the steps required to plan a safe, comfortable trip, including:
- Trip research and finding resources online
- Assessing weather and its impact on equipment selection
- Leaving trip info with a contact back home
Be aware of the resources available at MEC that support them in their hiking adventures.