Backcountry 101: Packing for Overnight
Going from day hikes to an overnight hiking trip can feel like a big leap – until you take this clinic. This session teaches you what gear you need and how to pack like a pro for a successful night under the stars in the backcountry.
Skill level: Beginner
Format: Knowledge-based, small group class
· The 10 essentials
· How to choose the right footwear
· What to wear and clothing layer systems
· Options for cooking systems
· Gear and tips for sleeping outside
· How to choose (and pack) a backpack
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!