Intro to Ultralight Backpacking: do it for the grams
Learn how to hike ultralight and shave off precious grams in a smart way. Travelling with the just the basics frees you up to move fast and far. Discover realistic tips to lighten your load so you can fly safely along the trails.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
- What to look for in lightweight packs
- How to choose the right footwear
- What to wear and clothing layering systems
- Options for lightweight food and cooking systems
- Tips for ultralight sleeping solutions
- Making smart decisions on weight for gear
- Where to get the most bang for your buck in gear
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!