Intro to ocean kayaking
Curious about kayaking? Learn the basics without getting wet. This popular clinic is full of tips and advice, so you can get comfortable and ask questions without wind or waves in the mix. Learn paddling lingo, essential safety gear, how to choose a kayak and paddle, and lots more.
Skill level: beginner
- Types of paddling trips, from short to overnight
- What to bring paddling, including mandatory safety gear
- How to choose a kayak for your size, skill level and goals
- How to choose a paddle
- Basics of packing a kayak
- Tips for overnight trips
- Where to try kayaks and take beginner lessons
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!