Bike Maintenance 101: Learn how to fix a flat bike tire
If you’re only going to learn one bike repair skill, learn how to fix a flat tire. After this clinic, you’ll be totally prepared to repair a flat (and maybe save the day for another cyclist who needs a hand).
Skill level: beginner
Format: hands-on, small group class
· What causes flat tires (there are a few things)
· How to remove a bike wheel, front and rear
· What kind of bike tube to choose
· How to change a bike tube
· … and how to put a bike back together again
Please leave your own bike at home, where you can practice your new skills on it later. We’ll use demo bikes and gear in class to show you how it’s done.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any of your questions. Everyone’s welcome!