Get prepped for paddling and portaging. Learn how to plan a successful overnight canoe or kayak trip, including helpful tips for gear packing, what to wear and how to cook. Covers ocean, lakes and whitewater adventures.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
· Different types of paddling trips: flatwater, ocean and whitewater
· How to plan for a portage
· What to wear, depending on where you’re paddling
· What types of camping equipment, cooking gear and food to bring
· Dry bags or barrels: pros and cons for each
· How to pack your canoe for a multi-day paddling trip
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!