Advanced bike maintenance 201: mega clinic: work on your own bike
THIS CLINIC IS NOW FULL - REGISTER FOR OUR NEXT CLINIC - Sunday August 11th CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Learn how to wrench like a pro. This more advanced bike repair and maintenance class combines different topics in a single super session.
Skill level: intermediate to advanced
Format: hands-on, small group class
Join us for a fun filled day of knowledge and bad jokes!
- Chain removal, clean and remove from bike (introduce members to chain removal tool and stretch tool.)
- Remove crank & clean. If going smoothly proceed to remove bottom bracket.
- Remove front and rear derailleur & clean
- Remove the cassette and clean
- Install front and read derailleur
- Install crank
- Install chain, Lubricate parts as they are installed.
- Install the cassette
- Teach members how to tune the front and rear derailleur
We highly recommend taking the beginner bike repair and maintenance clinics at MEC before this class. This is a hands-on clinic, so wear clothes that you don’t mind getting a bit of bike grease on.
Please bring your own bike so you can practice along side our mechanic. Please ensure your bike is in good repair, as bringing a bike that needs a lot of work done will impair you ability to keep up with the speed of the course.
We will be working out of our bike shop, so we ask that all participants wear closed toe shoes for the duration of the clinic. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our more advanced bike clinics are taught by experienced MEC bike mechanics, who are ready to answer any of your questions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our MEC London Learning Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org