This free clinic will introduce participants to the equipment, skills and resources required for a safe and enjoyable day hike. Whether you are planning local travels or travelling elsewhere in the world, start here by joining this clinic for invaluable information and tips from #mecstaffer, traveller, and adventurer, Cassandra.
By the end of the session, participants will:
Be familiar with the essential equipment required for a day hike, including:
- The 10 essentials
- Day hiking footwear considerations
- Clothing systems
- Daypack considerations
Understand the steps required to plan a safe, comfortable trip, including:
- Trip research and finding resources on popular day hikes in one’s region
- Assessing weather and its impact on equipment selection
- Leaving trip info with a contact back home
- Be aware of the resources available at MEC that support them in their day hiking adventures and point them to popular options in their own region.
You may drop-in to this clinic but we'd love to know if you're coming - register at the link below. This clinic will take place in our Community Hub on the second floor, known as Basecamp.
Questions? Please contact us at 416-340-2667