BIKE WEEK Bike Maintenance 101: Learn 6 Essential Bike Maintenance Skills
HAPPY BIKE WEEK, HALIFAX!
Show your bike a little love, and you’ll be rolling smoothly for years. Join us at this beginner bike maintenance class to learn how to look after your bike, and keep the creaks and squeaks away. Everyone’s welcome!
Skill level: Beginner
Format: Knowledge-based, small group class
· How to clean your hubs
· How to clean brakes (rim and disc) and check pad wear
· How to clean and tighten pedals and crankset
· Checking your bottom bracket for problems
· How to lube your bike chain
· How to wash your bike
· When to take your bike to a bike repair shop
Please leave your own bike at home, where you can practice your new skills on it later. We’ll use demo bikes and gear in class.
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our beginner bike clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any of your questions.