What's SUP: Intro to Stand Up Paddleboarding
Before you hit the water, float on over to this SUP clinic. You’ll learn gear and technique tips to set you up for fun and to prevent rookie mistakes (like holding the paddle backwards). Totally useful whether you own, plan to buy, or just want to rent a paddleboard.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
· What gear you need for paddleboarding, including finding the right size SUP
· What to wear on your body and feet
· Mandatory safety equipment to carry
· How to carry a paddleboard
· How to stand up on a paddleboard
· 4 basic SUP strokes you’ll want to know
· Local instructors/schools and good paddling spots for beginners
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!