We are heading into the May long weekend and the season where you might get in some hiking! Near or far, where will you go?
This free clinic will introduce participants to the equipment, skills and resources required for a safe and enjoyable day hike. Whether you are planning local travels or travelling elsewhere in Canada or the world, start here by joining this clinic for invaluable information and tips from our #mecstaffer, traveller, aventurer, and avid hiker.
By the end of the session, participants will:
Be familiar with the essential equipment required for a day hike, including:
- The 10 essentials
- Day hiking footwear considerations
- Clothing systems
- Daypack considerations
Understand the steps required to plan a safe, comfortable trip, including:
- Trip research and finding resources on popular day hikes in one’s region
- Assessing weather and its impact on equipment selection
- Leaving trip info with a contact back home
- Be aware of the resources available at MEC that support them in their day hiking adventures and point them to popular options in their own region.
You may drop-in to this clinic but we'd love to know if you're coming - please register at the link below. On the day of the clinic, join us on the second floor in our Community Hub area, known as Basecamp.
This clinic is part of our May long weekend kick off party, happening from 3:00pm to 7:00pm.
If this clinic reaches full capacity, you will still be welcome to attend and observe although seating may be limited.
Questions? Please contact us at 416-340-2667