Paddle into Summer Gear Swap
Saturday, June 15th
9:00am - 3:00pm (or earlier if all the gear is gone)
We'll be selling off a variety of paddling related gear and clothing.
Members can also buy and sell used gear from each other, and MEC will be adding a wide variety of items. Come save some previously loved gear from the landfill!
If you have some stuff to sell, it's as easy as 1 - 2 - 3...
1) You bring in your gently-used gear.
2) You set the price, we charge you 10% if it sells
3) If the gear doesn't sell, you decide whether to take it back or we'll donate it to a local charity or community group.
Members can begin to drop off their gear for sale between Monday, June 10th and Thursday, June 13th. Please note that items must be for activities supported by MEC!
Pick up for items unsold starts Monday, June 17th to Sunday, June 23rd, after which time all remaining items will be donated without compensation.
The Gear Swap will take place outside, in front of MEC Barrie.
We will not be accepting..
- Non-technical (lifestyle/casual) clothing (i.e. cotton)
- Safety Equipment (harnesses, ropes, helmets, beacons etc.)
For more information, please contact Lynda Day or call 705-792-4675 to speak with someone at the Member Service Desk.