Backpacking basics: how to plan a multi-day hiking trip
Ready to take weekend adventures to the next level? Join us to learn how to make your first multi-day hiking trip a hit. From tips on choosing a trail and weather to advice on meal planning and backpacks, you’ll be set to start scoping out places for your next long-range hiking goal.
Skill level: beginner
Format: knowledge-based, small group class
* Tips for choosing a trail
* About backcountry permits and sites
* What to think about with different weather conditions
* How much food to pack and tips on preparing meals
* Gear and options for sleeping outside
* How to choose (and pack) a backpack
Who’s teaching the clinic?
Our clinics are taught by friendly MEC staffers who are ready to answer any questions and share all the stuff they love about being outside. Everyone’s welcome!