Rock Climbing for Newbies
Sorry, this event has passed.
This clinic will introduce members to the fundamentals of the sport of climbing.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Be familiar with the various disciplines of climbing -whether Indoors or Outdoors- and the basic terminology, gear, and physicality required for each.
- Understand the following concepts/techniques/gear:
- Different types of climbing
- How to get started
- Shoes, & Harnesses
- Climbing gear
- Receive recommendations for local climbing gyms and crags
- Be familiar with other climbing resources available at MEC.
If you have any questions, please contact Lynda Day or call the store at 705-792-4675.