Hiking the Camino de Santiago 101
This free clinic on the Camino de Santiago is designed to provide an overview of the equipment needed, as well as some tips and tricks for a successful trip walking the Camino. Join us to connect with fellow pilgrims, like-minded travellers and know what resources are available to you at MEC. #mecstaffer Brian R. has walked the Camino. He’ll go through types of packs, equipment, footwear, apparel, and more; plus answer some of the most often asked questions, such as:
What do you need? What type of pack is essential and what size? What time of year should you go? What should you pack to be efficient, comfortable and safe? What can you anticipate along the way?
By the end of this session, participants will be familiar with the essential equipment required to walk the Camino, including:
- The route and time of year
- The 10 essentials
- Day hiking footwear considerations
- Clothing systems
- Pack considerations - sizing and how to pack the pack
- Sleeping systems and travel accommodation tips
- Health and Safety items
Understand the steps required to plan a safe, comfortable trip, including:
- Trip research and finding resources
- Assessing weather and its impact on equipment selection
- Leaving trip info with a contact back home
Fun fact: Did you know? Residents from in and around the GTA continue to be one of the largest groups of pilgrims to walk the Camino.
Come with your questions and a sense of adventure! Please register/RSVP at the link below.