Bike Maintenance 201 - Work On Your Own Bike - Super Clinic
Bike Maintenance 101 is a suggested prerequisite to this intermediate clinic.
Bike Maintenance 201 is designed for the cyclist who wants to learn a hand on approach of how to work on their own bike. Bring your bike into our NEW BIKE SHOP and use our tools under the supervision of our master mechanics.
This is the perfect clinic for individuals who want to save money by working on their own bikes.
PARTICIPANTS ARE TO BRING THEIR OWN BIKES TO THIS CLINIC
and our professional mechanics will work alongside you!
Join us for a fun filled day of knowledge and bad jokes!
INTRO - Introducing ourselves, background on the mechanic/riding history (Ten Minutes)
AGENDA -Two hours
- Chain removal, clean and remove from bike (introduce members to chain removal tool and stretch tool.)
- Remove crank & clean. If going smoothly proceed to remove bottom bracket.
- Remove front and rear derailleur & clean
- Remove the cassette and clean
INSTALL-One & Half Hours
- Install front and rear derailleur
- Install crank
- Install chain, Lubricate parts as they are installed.
- Install the cassette
- Teach members how to tune the front and rear derailleur
We will be working out of our bike shop, so we ask that all participants wear closed toe shoes for the duration of the clinic. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
To register for the class you can sign up below or in person in the store. You cannot register over the phone or by email. The preferred way of registration is online at the "Register" button below.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Alethia Clarke