Backcountry 101: Introduction to Day Hiking
This clinic will introduce participants to the equipment, skills and resources required for a safe and enjoyable day hike in non-winter conditions.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Be familiar with the essential equipment required for a day hike, including:
- The 10 essentials
- Day hiking footwear considerations
- Clothing systems
- Daypack considerations
- Understand the steps required to plan a safe, comfortable trip, including:
- Trip research and finding resources on popular day hikes in one’s region
- Assessing weather and its impact on equipment selection
- Leaving trip info with a contact back home
- Be aware of the resources available at MEC that support them in their day hiking adventures and point them to popular options in their own region.
If you have any questions please email Lynda Day or call the store at 705-792-4675.