The Essentials of Backcountry Skiing and Snowshoeing with MEC and Five Winds Backcountry Ski Club
This week’s clinic will deal with cold weather wilderness principles to help outdoors people prepare to enjoy the winter outdoors especially backcountry skiing in Ontario. Join #mecstaffer George A. and members of Ontario’s Five Winds Backcountry Ski Club in a review and discussion of: cold weather principles, winter preparation, good trail practices, and winter essentials for your pack.
Gary Ataman, President of the Five Winds Backcountry Ski Club, will give a slide presentation and lead discussion on the essentials of safe backcountry ski and snowshoe travel in the Muskoka wilderness.
This clinic is open to all levels. Please register at the link below.
- To familiarize outdoors travelers with cold weather principles, trail practices, and training texts to reinforce safety and enjoyment of the winter landscape
- To familiarize outdoor travellers with the Five Winds approach to backcountry ski and snowshoe travel to increase safety and enjoyment of the Muskoka wilderness.
- Discussion of cold weather principles
- Discussion of winter backcountry ski and snowshoe gear
- Slide presentation about safe winter travel in the Muskoka wilderness
Did you know that Five Winds Backcountry Ski Club offers a chartered bus to the Muskoka wilderness on Sundays, with pick-up/drop-off in and around Toronto? Learn more about the bus service here.
Can't attend this clinic but interested in Snowshoeing? Join us February 20th for a clinic on Snowshoeing basics.
Please register for this clinic at the link below.