Volunteers Needed - MEC Event
VOLUNTEERS ARE THE HEART AND SOUL OF EVERY MEC EVENT.
If you have a passion for being outdoors & giving out some sweet high fives then we would love to have you helping out our racers! This is also a great opportunity for students looking to complete their volunteer or community service.
MEC Greater Vancouver: Road Race FOUR will be at Garry Point Park on June 9, 2019
MEC GREATER VANCOUVER RACE SERIES
Aid Station Attendant
- Assist in set-up and tear down of aid station
- Transportation to aid station will be provided to you by MEC staff working with you from the event site
- Handing out water and electrolytes to participants
- Cheering participants
Event Site Attendant
- Support MEC staff at the Package Pick-Up and Registration tents
- Support MEC staff by handing out hydration and nutrition items to participants after they finish their race
- Directing participants on proper discarding of compost, recycling and landfill items
- Congratulating participants as they finish
- Direct participants on proper routing of race course
- Cheering participants as they pass
You will be part of a super cool team that includes other volunteers and MEC staff. Volunteers are generally expected to commit to a three to five hour shift, although they can vary depending on the volunteer position and the event. All volunteers will be awarded a complimentary entry into a 2019 MEC Greater Vancouver Road or Trail Race Series event after they have successfully completed their volunteer shift.
Shift times will be emailed to all volunteers at minimum three days before the event. If you have any mobility or access restrictions and would prefer to be at the start/finish line, please indicate this information below.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like more information about volunteering for our events.