Backcountry 101 - Learn to Winter Camp
WHY GO WINTER CAMPING? LOADS OF REASONS. YOU GET PRIME CAMPSITES WITHOUT CROWDS. IT'S BLISSFULL QUIET, EXCEPT FOR SOFT WHUMPFS OF SNOW FALLING OFF TREES. PLUS, NO BUGS
Depending on how far you’re going and how you’re getting there, you may need more (or fewer) items on the cold-weather camping checklist below. Do plenty of trip planning and research before you head out, and remember: hut booties are always a good call. By the end of the session, participants will:
Understand the addeed importance that winter conditions place on selecting appropriate equipment.
Receive an overview of the essential equipment required for cold weather camping and travelling including:
- Clothing and Footwear systems
- Sleeping and Shelter systems
- Cooking systems
- Personal Items and safety gear
- Snow and Travel Gear
- Trip planning
Understand some of the most basic considerations involved in choosing between various modes of travel including:
- Backcountry Nordic skiing
* This clinic will not address avalanche safety, except to highlight the importance of receiving avy training prior to entering avalanche terrain.
CONNECT WITH US