how to choose and fit a pack
PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE TO SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Join one of our camping specialists from 6pm - 7pm for a FREE one-hour clinic designed to introduce you to the basic considerations involved when choosing a pack for your backcountry adventures.
When it comes to selecting a pack, there are lots of options! This one-hour session will help you determine which pack is right for you by reviewing the following:
- How to properly fit a backpack
We will provide all the materials you need for this clinic. Come with your questions and a sense of adventure!
MEC KITCHENER BACKCOUNTRY 101 SERIES
Learn what you'll need to bring on your backcountry or frontcountry camping & hiking excursions, how to plan for a safe, positive adventure while keeping the wilderness you enjoy clean and healthy.
OUR CLASSES THAT ARE CURRENTLY INCLUDED IN THIS SERIES (Bonus: We've added some new ones!):
- Alpine Ski and Waxing (NEW!)
- Introduction to Cross Country Skiing (NEW!)
- Introduction to Snow Shoes (NEW!)
- Introduction to Water Filteration Systems (NEW!)
- Introduction to Indoor Climbing (NEW!)
- Introduction to Winter Camping (NEW!)
- Hiking the Camino Trail (Back by popular demand!)
- Introduction to Map & Compass
- Introduction to Digital Navigation & Geocaching
- Introduction to Day Hiking
- Introduction to Ultralight Trekking
- Introduction to Backpacking
- Camp Kitchen
- Gear Repair and Maintenance
- Introduction to Camp Knots
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR 2019 TRAIL RACE!
Join MEC Kitchener for a fun and friendly trail race on Sunday August 18th, 2019 at Laurel Creek Conservation Area in Waterloo. A fantastic trail through dense forest, and along the reservoir! Get chip-timed results, coffee and bananas, plus unlimited high-fives from stoked MEC members and staff.
Our inclusive race will provide a little something for every racer - get out for a fun run with friends, bring a first-timer, or challenge yourself and your PB.
For more details, and to register please visit: https://events.mec.ca/node/242286
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our friendly MEC Kitchener Outreach and Learning Coordinator Jessica at email@example.com or 519 896 4972.
CONNECT WITH US.