MEC Winnipeg Race TWO: 5K/10K/15K Trail - La Barriere Park
MEC WINNIPEG Race TWO: 5K / 10K / 15K Trail
Take on a rough 5/10/15K race along the beautiful Salle River and prairie grassland, with a huge crew of fellow runners. The MEC Race Series provides professional, fun and accessible races, working hard to inspire and enable all Canadians to lead active, outdoor lifestyles. See you on the trail!
Updated START TIMES
- 5K Runners 7:00am-7:30am
- 10K & 15K Runners: 7:15am-7:45am
RACE DAY BIB PICK UP
- Race Day Bib Pick Up – Sunday July 21st
- 5K Runners 7:00am – 7:30am
- 15K Runners 7:15am-7:45am
- 10K Runners 7:15am-7:45am
RACE DAY INFO
La Barriere Park, La Salle, Manitoba
COURSE - Subject to Change
View close ups of the race course, through an interactive Google Map found HERE
Above is a map indicating the 5K race course. Runners in the 10K distance do two laps of the course. Runners in the 15K distance do three laps of the course.
Running Course Directions:
- Race starts by going straight, running south along the tree line.
- The course then turns in to the trees, onto single track, tighter trails through the forest.
- Follow this marked trail until you arrive at and cross the bridge.
- Follow the trail along the field until the end, the last place you can turn south into the bush, starting the “Outer Loop”.
- Follow the trail along the river until signs & marshal direct you to the “Inner Loop”.
- This will bring you back to the trail along the farmers’ field.
- Follow this trail until you see the marshal and sign for the “Inner Loop”.
- Follow the “Inner Loop” until it brings you back to the original trail.
- This time, continue north past the “Inner Loop” turn sign and marshal.
- Follow the trail back to cross over the bridge and run up the hill.
- For 5K runners, run straight through the finishing arches.
Laps for 10K and 15K Distance Participants
- For 10K & 15K runners, turn at the blue line on map, (where paths meet between the start and finish line) – in real life the start of the walking path.
- Our 10K runners do a second lap of the entire course, totalling TWO laps.
- Our 15K runners do a second then third lap of the entire course, totalling THREE laps.
MEC strives to make great products and great events that lessen our impact on the environment and improve the lives of people we touch. With every part of MEC business, we look at the People, Planet, and Product involved. For more information on Sustainability at MEC, take a look around
- Participants of MEC events are encouraged to bike, take transit, walk and carpool to the events
- All of the cups used at events are 100% compostable.
- Multi-bin waste stations at races to help separate garbage from recyclable and compostable materials. After the event we sort event waste, compost, and recycling and reuse what we can.
- We choose minimal race packages and email communication to our participants to help limit paper consumption.
How to lower your event impact:
- Take transit, bike, or carpool to events.
- Put your waste in the appropriate bins provided: Recycling, compost, waste.
- Reuse your own water bottle or the 100% compostable cups provided.
RUN THE SERIES
flagship hydration product, Active, is packed full of four key electrolytes meant to dial in on optimal hydration yet is low in sugar. When your body needs it the most, Nuun Active is the best way to re-hydrate or pre-hydrate! All water stations will be equipped with MEC’s electrolyte partner Nuun Hydration. train with Nuun Hydration products
NEW CONTEST! MEC & Salomon are teaming up to give you gear!
Get in on your chance to win an MEC gift card and a pair of brand new Speedcross 5 Trail Shoes from Salomon – made with low-friction Quicklace adjustments and a lugged outsole that bites into the ground.
Participants on race day will be entered to win:
- $50 MEC Gift Card
- A pair of Salomon Speedcross 5 ‘s