WALK TO 5K CLINIC
THERE IS A LIMITED NUMBER OF SPOTS, SO PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE TO SECURE YOUR ENTRY!
Learn to run a fun and safe 5K, complete with weekly lectures over a ten week period.
This beginner-friendly gradual training program is designed to prepare participants to run 5km over the course of 10 weeks.
The Walk to Run 5k program is based on a run/walk progression. It is progressive and fun, and the amount of distance run each week increases slightly to help ensure you achieve your goals. No past running experience is required, but we recommend you be comfortable running 1K before starting the program.
Participants often begin at different levels of fitness and are encouraged to complete each training session to the best of their ability.
Weekly sessions will consist of a 15-20min class covering training, fitness and technique, followed by a 20-30min group run session. A training plan will be provided to you at the first session outlining the entire clinic. Weekly emails will keep you in touch with your coach and on top of the training plan.
The clinic will take place every Monday evening from January 7 to March 11 at 6:00pm - 7:30pm, with the exception of any statuatory holidays. Please meet on-time at the MEC Vancouver (130 West Broadway) climbing wall, located inside the store. Ask a friendly staff member for assistance if needed.
A training program will be provided to you at the first session outlining the entire training program complete with dates, weekly distances totals, lecture topics, and scheduled homework runs.
If you have a history of health problems we recommend you consult a medical professional before starting the program -- as you should when you begin any new physical activity. Please come speak with the leader afterwards if you have any questions or concerns.
Lecture Topics will Include:
Injury Prevention & Stretching
Heart Rate Training
$40 for 10 weekly running instruction sessions, a training program, weekly check ins with your instructor, and advanced information on running topics designed to push you further.
Just like the postal service; snow, wind, and rain can't stop us so please dress appropriately for the weather. In order to have fun and stay safe, we recommend:
- Reflective clothing/ lights to ensure visibility and safety (headlamps needed for when daylight is minimal)
- A water bottle/ hydration system
- A watch to track your time and celebrate improvements
- No past running experience is required, but we recommend you be comfortable running 1K before starting the program. Participants are often at different fitness levels in this program, so we encourage everyone to complete each training session to the best of their ability.
- There are washrooms located in store to change before your run if necessary
- There will be no clinic on Monday, February 18th (Family Day Stat Holiday)
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.