MEC Greater Vancouver: Road Race FIVE, Garry Point Park 5K / 10K / 21.1K / 42.2K
GARRY POINT PARK
Put some proof to those pace claims. Get chip-timed results, fun road routes, sweet finish-line extras, and a guaranteed cheer squad for about the same price as a movie ticket.
42.2K - Male, Female, Other
21.1K - Male, Female, Other
10K/5K - Male, Female, Other
If you have any concerns or questions about your timing result, please contact Trio Events HERE.
Photos from Ty Holtan Photography are available HERE on our MEC West Flickr page.
MEC Greater Vancouver: Road Race FIVE
Register online before September 27th at 7:30am, or in-store before September 28 at 4pm SHARP at MEC Vancouver only.
Note: race day registration is cash only, and only available from 7:00am to 8:00am SHARP
***NOTE: For liability reasons, participants cannot sign up anybody other than themselves
- ***Important NOTE: There will be no race day registrations for the marathon distance, no exceptions. Please plan accordingly.
Saturday, September 28 from 9:30am to 4:30pm SHARP at MEC Vancouver (130 W Broadway)
We cannot transport your package to another MEC location
Sunday, September 29 from 7:00 am to 8:00 am SHARP at event site for 5K/10K/21.1K distances only
***Important NOTE: There will be no race day package pick-up for the marathon distance, no exceptions. Please plan accordingly. Friends or family members are welcome to collect your race package for you on Saturday morning if you are not available to do so
Pick up your race package on Saturday, September 28 at MEC Vancouver to receive a 10% discount on your purchases that day as per the following exceptions:
- Only valid on September 28, 2019
- Only valid on regular priced items, does not apply to clearance items
- Cannot be combined with any other discounts or applied to previous purchases
- Not applicable on Arc'teryx, Blundstones, Birkenstocks, and Glerups
Distance changes will be accepted until midnight on Thursday, September 26th, 2019.
Due to the volume of requests, we can no longer accept last minute or race day distance changes.
RACE DAY INFO
7:30am: 42.2K start
- ***Important NOTE: The cut-off time for the marathon distance is 1:30pm (six hours). We are not able to allow members to start early for liability reasons. Please only register for the marathon distance if you feel comfortable running it in six hours or less.
8:30am: 21.1K start (self seeded waves every 2 minutes to spread runners out on course)
8:45am: 10K start (self seeded waves every 2 minutes to spread runners out on course)
9:00am: 5K start (self seeded waves every 2 minutes to spread runners out on course)
Please note that our races start on time, and late arrivals unfortunately cannot be accomodated. Please plan your travel route and arrive early for your race start time!
- All routes are open to public, please be courteous and be aware of dogs and cyclists
- If you are using headphones, please respect other event participants and the general public by leaving one ear free so that you can hear any potential safety information
- If you are participating with a stroller, please position yourself at the very back of the pack so that other participants do not have to run / walk around you
- Due to liability reasons, dogs are not permitted to run with participants
MEC defines youth as age 13 to 17. Below is the recommended maximum race distance per age from Athletics Canada.
Garry Point Park, Richmond
The event site is at Garry Point Park (12011 Seventh Avenue, Steveston, BC). It is located at the south west most part of Steveston.
The following parking options exist:
- Garry Point Park parking lot
- Surrounding street parking, typically with a two hour maximum
- Surrounding parking lots
We do NOT have a secure bag storage process, however a tent will be available in which you are welcome to store your belongings. This bag storage area is self-serve but our staff will be happy to assist you if you have any questions.
- MEC staff members and volunteers are not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items
- MEC staff members and volunteers will not be available to hold any of your personal items
At Event Site
- We will have two separate clusters of three plastic bins. Each cluster will have one bin for garbage (black bags), one bin for compost (clear bags) and one bin for recycling (white bags).
- The City of Richmond will be providing us with a water unit at our event, at which participants can easily refill their reusable water bottles. Help us save on one-time use cups and bring a bottle with you for before/after the event!
We will have plastic bins at each of our aid stations with white garbage bags (for recycling) located just after our hydration tables.
Reach your personal best and help us reach ours!
Green Hydration with BYOB "Bring Your Own Bottle"
Stay hydrated and keep our environment clean by bringing your own refillable water bottle on race day. You will be responsible for carrying your bottle throughout the event. Water and Nuun electrolyte refill stations will be available at all aid stations as well as at the event site.
Shop MEC.CA for some great hand held water bottle options.
Half Marathon and Marathon (Two Laps)
Note: This marathon is officially a certified course and Boston Qualifier!
We’ll have live unofficial race results within one hour of runners crossing the finish line at the results station. Official standings will be posted on the Trio Sports Events site as well as this page within two business days of the event. Be sure to check back!
We’ll be giving out medals to the top three male and female finishers in each distance category (no age categories awards).
Want to see last year’s results to scope out how fast the course is? They’re on Trio Sports Events.