MEC Vancouver Snowfest 2018 - Clinic - Alpine Ski Waxing
ALPINE SKI WAXING - SESSION 1
GET INFORMED. GET INSPIRED.
Waxing your skis can seem like a messy, intimidating process that requires expensive equipment. In this clinic, one of our MEC Ski Technician's will demonstrate that waxing and maintaining your skis can be done with a few simple tools and inexpensive materials and can take only a few minutes! Like a lot of sports, you can spend a lot of time (and money) on advanced waxing techniques and equipment. However, our goal is that you walk away from this clinic with the knowledge to get you waxing your skis simply, effectively and affordably. The appropriate use of waxes will have your skis performing better in a wider variety of conditions. For many skiers, gaining confidence with waxing is an important and satisfying part of the sport.
By the end of the session, you will be familiar with:
- Tools & materials required to wax alpine skis
- Tips for selecting appropriate waxes to match conditions
- Techniques for applying waxes
- Maintaining your edges
mec vancouver snowfest 2018 clinics
- Please meet your MEC Clinic Leader at our Member Service Desk
- Clinic will be held outside on the roof under a tent - please come dressed for the weather
This clinic is a FREE offering as part of our annual Snowfest celebration. Join us by signing up below!