MEC VANCOUVER SNOWFEST 2018 gear swap
The legendary MEC Vancouver Snowfest Gear Swap is returning for 2018! The Gear Swap is currently scheduled to run from 9:00am to 1:00pm - this time is subject to change.
All gear is from our returned, warrantied items, and rental fleet. Availability is based on what items have been returned or warrantied - we do not guarantee specific items will be available. We will have items from our rental fleet available for sale - all details TBD at this time.
Want to sell your own gear? We will have a small selection of four foot tables available to rent. We do not take items for consignment - only members that have rented tables from us will be able to sell their own gear. Once tables are all booked, they are sold out and no more will be made available.
To book a table rental, please click here. Once table rentals are sold out, we will not have any additional table space available.
In past years, some of the gear that was available for sale has included:
- snowsports items (skis, boards, boots, bindings, poles, etc)
- a small selection of packs, tents, sleeping bags, & sleeping pads
- waterproof clothing (such as Gortex jackets)
- a small selection of camping equipment (stoves, pots, etc.)
- accessories and optic items (headlamps, watches, knives, etc.)
There is a FIVE item limit per person, per purchase. When you have paid for your items, you may re-enter the gear swap to purchase more items (again, maximum of five items). This is a rule put in place to attempt to stop gear hoarding and to allow more members to have the chance to purchase gear. No exceptions. Any member found to be hoarding gear will be asked to leave and forfeits their ability to purchase any gear.
There are restrictions on certain types of gear. We only allow one item per person for specific types of gear due to their limited availability and to be fair to all members. This list is subject to change leading up to the Gear Swap. The following types of gear are restrticted to one per person, per purchase:
- Skis or snowboards
- Any boats (if applicable)
- Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Debit, and MEC Gift Cards are all accepted. Our line-up does take some time to get through - we appreciate your patience.
- Planning on buying skis or a splitboard? Be prepared to take them with you immediately as we do not have any secure storage option. As a reminder, all skis and boards are limited to one per person to allow as many members as possible to select these items.
- (If applicable) Planning on buying a boat? Come prepared to take the boat away by 1 pm - we will not transport boats for members, and will not have any racks/straps/safety gear to secure them to your vehicle. We do not have any storage space available, all purchases must be removed as soon as the Gear Swap ends as the tent will be used for another part of the festival later in the day. As a reminder, all boats are limited to one per person to allow as many members as possible to select these items.
- All gear is previously loved - it may be in need of repair, have a defect, etc. We do our best to disclose this in advance (to the best of our knowledge), but please be aware that we will not offer any returns, exchanges, warranties, or repairs on anything purchased at a Gear Swap. No exceptions will be made.
- Gear Swaps draw very large crowds - we recommend coming early!
- We kindly remind anyone planning on attending that we expect everyone to be respectful of our rules, our staff, and each other. Anyone found to be creating an unsafe environment or in disregard of our Gear Swap regulations will be asked to leave and forfeits the ability to make purchases at our Gear Swap. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Sorry, no holds (no exceptions).
If you have any questions regarding Gear Swap, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note that Julia or any of the Events Team will not answer emails inquiring if specific gear is available, or price inquires)
<< Back to MEC Snowfest Vancouver Event Page