MEC Vancouver Paddlefest - Gear Swap
The legendary Gear Swap returns to MEC Paddlefest Vancouver!
The Gear Swap will be running from 10:00am - 2:00pm.
All gear is from our returned, warrantied items, and rental fleet. Availability is based on what items have been returned or warrantied - we do not guarantee anything specific will be available. We will have boats from our rental fleet available for sale - all details TBD at this time.
In past years, some of the gear available has included:
- paddling items (PFDs, paddles, dry bags, etc.)
- a small selection of packs, tents, sleeping bags, & sleeping pads
- waterproof clothing (such as Gortex jackets)
- a small selection of camping equipment (stoves, pots, etc.)
- accessories and optic items (headlamps, watches, knives, etc.)
Want to sell your own gear?
We will have a small area set aside for members to rent tables from MEC to sell their own gear. You can purchase a table rental and space from MEC, but you will need to provide your gear and your own means of accepting payment. Table rentals are available here.
We do not take items for consignment - only members that have booked their own table will be able to sell their own gear.
There is a FIVE item limit per person, per purchase (only one boat per person). When you have paid for your maximum five items, you may re-enter the gear swap to purchase more items (again, maximum of five items). This is a rule put in place to attempt to stop gear hoarding and to allow more members to have the chance to purchase gear. No exceptions. Any member found to be hoarding gear will be asked to leave and forfeits their ability to purchase any gear.
- Cash, Visa, and Mastercard only. No debit or giftcards. Our line-up does take some time to get through - we appreciate your patience.
- Planning on buying a used boat or board from our rental fleet? Come prepared to take the boat away by 2 pm - we will not transport boats for members, and will not have any racks/straps/safety gear to secure them to your vehicle. *one boat per person*
- All gear is previously loved - it may be in need of repair, have a defect, etc. We will not offer any returns, exchanges, warranties, or repairs on anything purchased at a Gear Swap. No exceptions.
- Gear Swaps draw very large crowds - we recommend coming early!
- We kindly remind anyone planning on attending that we expect everyone to be respectful of our rules, our staff, and each other. Anyone found to be creating an unsafe environment or in disregard of our Gear Swap policies will be asked to leave and may not make any purchases.
- Sorry, no holds (no exceptions) - please come prepared with accepted payment methods!
If you have any questions regarding Gear Swap, please contact email@example.com
(Please note that we will not answer emails asking if specific gear is available, or price inquires)