BACKCOUNTRY 101: Intro to Camping - Jun14
Backcountry 101 is our weekly clinic series intended to help everyone from the novice camper to the seasoned hiker plan, prepare and pack for their adventures.
INTRO TO CAMPING:
Whether you are a new outdoor enthusiast or looking to update your car camping gear, this 1 hour session will introduce you to the essentials of camping.
In this clinic we will cover:
- The varieties of tents, sleeping bags & pads and how to choose the right gear for your needs.
- What gear to take and what to leave behind.
- How to set up your campsite.
- A brief overview of stoves, cookware and water filtration options.
- Local area recommendations for camping destinations including some of the many provincial parks in Ontario and Quebec, such as: Algonquin Provincial Park, Parc national du Mont-Tremblant, Gatineau Park, Sandbanks, etc.
- “Leave-No-Trace” camping ethics;
- and much more!
Check out Parks Canada ‘Learn to Camp’ programs for some hands on camping experiences coming up this season.
Where do I start? Click here for some tips on getting that camping gear closet started.
Camping responsibly is an important part of camping. Check out the MEC Blog for more info on that.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com