MEC RUN CREW - edmonton CHAPTER
The MEC run crew is a nation-wide pack of everyday athletes with local chapters from Victoria to Halifax. Our mission is to enable runners of all ages and abilities to get outside and get running.
Monday is our Race training night.
This run has a training focus where we set up interval sessions, stairs and hill repeats, or just a post race cruise through the city followed by a coffee. This is a great way to up your game and train for a PB.
- Downtown MEC (11904 104 Ave) and head out from there. Feel free to stow your bags, fill up water or use the washroom facilities. We also have free heated underground parking.
Thursdays we explore local trails.
Start location rotates between:
- Transcend Coffee on 76 Avenue and 96 Street --> tackle the trails in Milcreek
- Sugar Bowl on 88 Avenue and 109 Street --> tackle the trails in Kinsmen
Be prepared to get muddy and have lots of fun.
On Sundays are our longer runs.
We head out for a longer run to feed that mileage monster. This is a 10km + route. We usually grab a coffee, croissant or brunch after. (We deserve it!)
Start locations rotates between:
- Bru Coffee and Beer House located on Jasper Avenue and 120th Street
- Milcreek Cafe located on Whyte Ave and 96 Street
Our runs are inclusive: we have no problem spliting into different pace groups to ensure that people can run at an appropriate pace.