By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand how the Global Positioning System functions
- Understand features and functions common to all GPS standalone devices.
- Learn how to apply these features and functions in a wilderness navigation context.
- Distinguish the features offered for mobile devices (i.e., smartphones) from those offered by outdoor-specific units.
- Be familiar with the range of GPS devices available, their various additional features and the possible application of those features to specific activities.
- Be familiar with proper GPS care.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact the Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com