This course has already started but sign-ups are still welcome. The course runs from Tuesday April 24th to Tuesday June 26th, 2018. 6pm to 7pm.
This gradual training program is designed to prepare participants who are currently comfortable running 5k to run 10km faster over the course of 10 weeks. Participants often begin at different levels of fitness and are encouraged to complete each training session to the best of their ability. The Run 10k program is progressive and fun. Experience running at least 5km runs is recommended.
Join us for an engaging workout with our experienced run clinic leader, Steve Forst. Weekly sessions will consist of a 15 min class covering training, fitness and technique, followed by a 45 min group run session. A training plan will be provided to you at the first session outlining the entire clinic. Weekly emails will keep you in touch with your coach and on-top of the training plan.
These clinics will be held in the east end in Riverdale Park East (off Broadview Ave between Danforth and Gerrard)
Steve has over twenty years working in the healthcare industry as a trainer, consultant, as well as a first tier medical responder. His experiences go well beyond healthcare, occupying careers in corporate offices, working rotating shifts as a line worker and emergency responder, early morning outdoor grunt work as a maintenance crewmember, and the commitments that go with being a husband and father.
Life experience combined with over twenty years of education gathered in nutrition, strength training, endurance athletics, and life coaching makes Steve a coach that can adapt and create a program that will not only meet the needs of a client but one that will produce results.
NOTABLE PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATIONS:
• Precision Nutrition Certification
• Holistic Health Coach Certification
• Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation Member
• Attaining Optimal Health in the 21st Century Course Completion
• Advanced Program Design Course Completion
• Primal Movement Specialist Certification (Pending)
• Mental Training for Athletes Course Completion
• Neurodevelopmental Approach to Conditioning Course Completion
• National Coaching Certification, (Triathlon, Running, Swimming)
• Personal Trainer Specialist Certification
• Kettle Bell Trainer Specialist Certification
• Fitness Kickboxing Instructor Certification
• Indoor Cycling & Spin Instructor Certification
• Functional Core Assessment Certification
• Athletic & Golf Biomechanic Conditioning
• PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation) Stretching
• Over a decade of Endurance & Ultra-Endurance racing experience
• Triathlon Olympic Distance World Competitor, Team Canada
• Competitive Top 10 Finisher as a Triathlete and Runner
• Race Across America (RAAM), two-time team member
• Race Across the West (RAW), team member
Any questions about this course please contact James Donald @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow us on