Backcountry 101: GPS Navigation - Apr30
NAVIGATE YOUR WAY ON YOUR NEXT HIKING TRIP!
Join our camping specialists from 5:30pm-6:30pm for a FREE one-hour clinic designed to introduce you to GPS and their use in backcountry navigation.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand how the Global Positioning System functions;
- Understand features and functions common to all GPS standalone devices;
- Learn how to apply these features and functions in a wilderness navigation context;
- Distinguish the features offered for mobile devices (i.e., smartphones) from those offered by outdoor-specific units;
- Be familiar with the range of GPS devices available, their various additional features and the possible application of those features to specific activities;
- Be familiar with proper GPS care;
- Be familiar with other navigation resources available at MEC, as well as any additional navigation programming offered.
We will provide all the materials you need for this clinic. Come with your questions and a sense of adventure!
Please meet in the camping department in the south end of our store.
Please contact our Outreach Coordinator, Caitlin Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the store at (250)386.2667
**Please note: Clinics are non-refundable and non-transferable.